So I thought I would post something here for information sake. Normally I just randomly come across stuff on Craigslist and found something not unusual, but uniquely diffrent. Replied to an ad with a 360 for sale. Showed rattle can black paint, a vintage weiand intake manifold, and a-body spool mounts. Pretty much a long block. Ad reads that it has a purple cam, big valves and was stored in a garage since 1993 which was on the newspaper dates that was crammed into every hole. I was looking for a core to build up into a stroker for one of my cars and figured a 360 I don’t need to pull from a truck was worth the advertised 200 bones. After some talking with the owner, came to find out he had it in a 1974 dodge dart that he had wrecked and pulled it before scrapping the car with intentions of putting it in a boat. 30 years later, it ended up finally leaving his moms garage. After an addition $300 for an engine hoist, cradle and two hours of assembling the most difficult Harbor Freight engine I have ever seen, we were on our way to a friends shop to a buddy that wanted the heads off this engine for a 340 I sold to his wife. Pulling off the weiand intake and crusty Edelbrock valve covers revealed and absolutely shimmy, cross hatched cylinder walls, nearly shinny .300 cast flat top pistons, a purple shaft and a valley pan! This motor is so clean on the inside, I decided not to build a stroker and just drop it off at the machine shop and have them upgrade it, ad some performance heads and run it in a street car. Here are a few pics. Not completely cool, but interesting nonetheless.

IMG_9356.jpegIMG_9360.jpegIMG_9358.jpegIMG_9362.jpeg