I'm trying to figure out what throttle cable I need. I have a big block now in my 69 Dart with an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Holley 850 carb. and a Mancini high rise throttle bracket. The car was originally a 225 slant. The 225 cable is way too long so I tried a couple of other cables I have in my spare parts but they are both too long as well. One from a small block Dart (not sure if 2 or 4 bbl) and one from a 71 Charger (not sure what engine). The closest one to fitting is the 71 Charger cable but when I installed it, although everything looked proper under the hood, there is about 2" of extra cable sticking through the firewall at the gas pedal (with the pedal tipped back against the firewall). So I measured the excess and it is exactly 2". The cable overall length from the hole in the link that attaches to the throttle pin to the little ball that attaches to the gas pedal is 21" so it looks like I need a 19" overall length cable So, I've been shopping for a cable but when I see the lengths posted, I'm not sure if those are overall length like I was measuring or the length from the carb to the firewall. Does anyone know how those advertised measurements are taken? Also, if anyone happens to know what cable I need please let me know.