Hey everyone, could use some advice in choosing a tire for my 70 challenger. I knew I should have done the mini tub while I was doing some of the rust repair work, but I couldn't take the stench of burning factory undercoating permiating my house anymore and now the rear is all powder coated LOL

The setup is a 2018 Hellcat pullout, MMX cam, ATI 10% lower, E85. Should make around 800whp now, but may possibly do an upper pulley in the future for a little more power. I'm using the 8HP90 trans
Strange S60 w/ 3.23 (lowest I could put in it)
1' offset hangers/b body width

2nd gear in the 8hp90 is 3.1, I'd be launching from 2nd.

the issue I have is speaking to Mark Williams, the critical speed of the slip section driveshaft will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 6500 RPM's.

Originally I wanted to run a 325/50/15 ET street R (I like to drive the car on the street as well as to and from the track). I could fit it just BARELY, but it should work. I'm a little concerned about the height though, I think the car will benefit from a taller tire and it'll keep me further away from critical speed

I don't think i'll be able to fit a 315/60/15 ET-R with the added height and width, so the only taller option I have is a 295/65/15 which gives up a bit of tread width.

DS speed of 6500 occurs at 168 mph with the 28" tire
DS speed of 6500 occurs at 180 mph with the 30" tire

Do you guys think a 295/65/15 is going to be enough tire for this car? I know the rollout will help along with reducing the effective gear ratio, but just worried about giving up the width. I think I really need to run a 30" tire, that brings me to about the same effective gear ratio as a factory Hellcat with a 28" tire and 3.09 rear so I know it should work decent. Just don't know if it's enough tire to plant the power with caltracs.

Last edited by 1mean340; 11/29/23 03:50 PM.