Ok You know what theirs a Ton of weird wild stuff out their on on this build and I know its been beat to death every where but so much so that its hard to figure out how much is true or and not correct.
The one guy on Youtube OMG guy SHUT UP Your not a Mechanic! nor is he an experienced Hot rodder with hundreds of builds under his belt. He has no business offering any tech or suggestions to any one.

BUT any how this is how I am doing it and these will be my lessons learned.

Started out as a Project rig I bought a 5.7 Jeep Commander that dropped a Valve seat got it cheap enough so who cares right?

(OH Boy what a mistake this has been!)

Any way I was committed to boring it and running a set of Eagle heads Many said I need .070 head gaskets BUT why? I am buying new Slugs! I will just buy a dish piston!
I also modified the combustion chambers and polished them they now look like the combustion chamber on the Edlebrocks new hemi head combustion chambers I then CC'd them all coming in at 65 cc one at 66 cc while I was at it I polished up the ports mildly and cleaned the short turn radius.
I added all new Stainless valves and a new Spring kit came with the cam kit from Comp cams.

Then their was You need custom length push rods again why? I am not running a .070 thick head gasket! Mopar only lists one size int and exh push rods for all 5.7, 6.1 & 6.4's I think the originals are good as they are strait.

Then their was You have to have the 6.1 Valve covers which I bought..... Their the same as the 5.7!!! If any one has any insight on this please chime in I spent good coin for new Ma Mopar stuff and I know its wrong.

Then theirs the exhaust and I could not for the life of me find a long tube D port header for a Jeep commander I can get one for a Grand cherokee SRT8 though same truck basically as the Commander.
BUT I have no idea why they say they wont work in the commander? maybe because its a D port? Still have no idea, I am still waiting for the heads to come back before I drop the engine in to test fit not sure what mods are needed to make them work.

As far as a cam goes I got a Mild Comp cam and their timing chain set up and a New oil pump from Melling along with a New set of lifters from Ma Mopar. and a MDS deleat kit. The crank was polished and a New set of Clevite bearing will be used
The Rods are from Manly the pistons are Racetech -5.00 cc comp distance 1.220

Then theirs the Intake manifold I got an cast Aluminum intake with the heads so I am fairly certain it will work.

Thanks for any insight and replies

Last edited by Doright; 10/25/23 08:58 PM.

D Barnett
A&P mechanic,
FCC general radio Telephone operator.