I have almost finished my 340 bored .040 with 4 inch stroke scat cast steel crank . It has the scat ibeam rods, and diamond forged dish pistons. it is internally balanced . the actual compression ratio is 9.8 to 1 , with sidewinder aluminum heads .This is going in my 67 barracuda convertible street car with automatic transmission . The car is for street use , and I do not plan on reving the engine over 6,000 RPM , also it is a relatively light rotating assembly . The question is, will it hold up with stock main cap bolts . I had this professionally done by a machinist that does primarily race engines . Originally I had him assemble it with ARP main studs . He used their lube , and their higher torque spec .He measured the saddles and bearings , and the mains moved with the studs out of round too tight . It measured perfect with the stock bolts, so I told him to assemble it with the bolts , as I did not want to start over and Line bore for the studs . I felt that the motor built mild for my purpose would be fine. Now I am second guessing before i finish, looking for opinions . Thank You , Ron

Last edited by doctor_mopar; 10/16/23 04:51 PM.

------------------------ It doesn't matter what you do.........As long as you look good doing it !