Originally Posted by njmopar
On my GTS with repro Bias Redlines and the factory mag wheel covers, I didn't want to put clip on weights on my nicely painted rims and stick on would look out of place. I used Counteract beads Counteract Beads. I used them on my trailers tires in the past.
They work fine for me. If the car sits for a long time, the first mile or two will have a shimmy, but it goes away fast. Bias tires have a tendency to take a set anyway when a vehicle is parked a long time, so the shimmy could be partly tires or partly the beads. Either way, it resolves itself. Given how out of shape my bias tires were when mounting, you would not get a true balance anyway until they were broken in a while.

On an every day ride with low profile tires, I would use stick on weights, but for a restoration project, the beads are fine. Use their website to calculate the weight you need and get them on Amazon.

Are you saying that the beads stay in place during short stops? How would they do that since they are free floating inside the tire?

I believe that they fall to the bottom every time that the rotation slows enough or stops. And it then takes a bit of speed and a little time for them to get back to where they need to be. I have tried them a couple of times. They have their place. But for most around town applications, they are not the best choice.

Master, again and still