Originally Posted by jcc
No I have not seen the video, and now I read Tony was not the owner that made the decision to have the cars left in harm's way on the shoreline at ground level.
Regarding on waiting till an evacuation order is given when one has valuables on the shoreline is idiotic and nearly unforgiveable by a person of means.
The fact the owner is reported to have chosen to ride out the storm onsite says it all.
Regarding hurricanes being predictable is very ignorant, and no two have ever been the same.
There was plenty of time to take preventative action.
Playing the odds resulted in the preventable damage.
iMO a unibody car many decades old that has been submerged in salt water for hours will never be fully restored unless at the least it's been fully flushed/tanked in water and then maybe e coated.

BTW I changed the OP title to not disparage Tony in any way.

When you forget how that storm path was predicted to go, and how it ended up going, your comments are way out of line.

The storm was predicted to run up the western coast line, nearly 600 miles in length, and was predicted to make that right turn everyplace along that coast line, but was mostly predicted to turn at least 100 miles north of where it did. Also, after it made that right turn, it was expected to travel across the entire state and exit the state on the east shore line. Nearly the entire state was in the hit zone. There was time to move some cars, but really, there was no idea which direction was the safe bet. Most predictions were saying towards the southern tip was likely the safest place. Fort Meyers is on the southern tip, but south Florida is low land. The storm did hit north of Fort Meyers, but the storm serge is what caused the damage. Since the storm made that right turn sooner then expected, time to move anything was pretty short, even if you knew which direction you had to take them.

Before you condemn the man, look at the State of Florida and tell me which direction you would have moved your 4 cars? He managed to get 2 of them moved. The property the cars were on was high ground in the area, but not high enough for the 20+ feet high storm waves. The waves blew through the back of the garage, and blew the cars off the 4 post lifts and through the garage doors. That property has survived several hurricanes.