Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Originally Posted by SattyNoCar
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
Some scoff at print magazines in the age of internet access but in the late 80s a Mopar only publication was a blessing! The 2 big magazines at the time worshipped at the altar of the 350 Chevy. Anodized colorful adjustable rocker arms and pro billet everything on those mouse motors as as far as the eyes could see!! Even for a 250hp build.

Wasn't this also the time frame that Chrysler was going hard after Magazines and Companies for copyright infringements or something? Was this the magazine that had to change its name several times trying to stay ahead of Chrysler?

Yep, and left many subscribers with worthless subscriptions.

I thought so work i remember them pushing subscriptions at a few shows offering something that ALMOST made me sign up. Was later glad I didn't wink . owning the business I subscribed to several rags to stay up on things. used to read them during lunch. it was quite depressing how many different ones ran the same articles.
I had my mid to low 12 sec, dart at the car craft Street machine Nat's in Sacramento back in 1981. Neil Britt who was one of their Photographers asked did the car really runs low 12's om just the motor? I said certainly does and showed him a stack of time slips. He said I'd love to shoot an article on but I'd get my backside chewed for wasting the film. I was like huh? he said contrary to popular belief, the magazines doesn't make money of subscriptions, they make it off advertising and our advertisers want their products on our feature cars. Yours is impressive to me, but it is too stock appearing except for the headers and centerline wheels. P'd me off. but it was factual down beer