Originally Posted by moparjim79
It was a battery tender plugged into a gf recep, tending his batteries. It was a horrible loss, that said, we don't need to see the pictures for the hundred time. Rhino, please, no offense.

A few years ago..
I had a Battery Tender short out, but fortunately I caught it in an early stage.
Funny thing was the whole case was totally warped and out of shape, being an electronic engineer I knew the battery tender had shorted out internally. I did call Battery Tender's tech support line and reported the issue, spoke with staff and asked if they wanted me to ship it back so they could review/evaluate why it shorted out doing a failure analysis but staff said that wasn't necessary... shruggy
The staff did send me a new one and I tossed the defective Battery Tender into the dumpster. And then about a week later I got a panic call from one of Battery Tender's executive staff, he asked me to send the defective unit back, but I told him that their staff told me they didn't want it returned. The executive then asked if I recalled the staff's name and I said no, he was very concerned as this situation could have triggered all kinds of product liability issues. If the defective unit had started a fire and the insurance company investigation confirmed the fire was due to the Battery Tender then Battery Tender Corp. would have been liable for all of the damages...
i don't know if the Battery Tenders are made in China, but it made me very apprehensive about using any more of their products.

Just my $0.02... wink