Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by TJP
Do any of the more tech savvy guys have any tips for Password security? Over the last 18 months or so, I have been notified by 3 different LARGE organztions that their data banks were breached and my information MAY have been compromised 🤬🤮🤬. The latest outfit was nice enough to notify me 5 months AFTER the event and offer a "FREE" 2 years subscription to IDX (data breach notifications & identity protection service) after which it becomes a 12.00 a month or so.
Wouldn't doubt the "Breached" company has an interest in IDX 😲 rolleyes
It's a real PITA to go through and change all passwords at all ones critical accounts so I thought I'd ask for input wink
TIA beer

I use Firefox, it offers to create a securely generated password, for instance: G.4tK,^pXa8U;c; It's got caps, lower case, numbers, special characters, all the recommended characteristics of secure passwords. Firefox keeps track of your passwords for you in a password manager so you don't even have to memorize them.. There's also paid websites, like lastpass.com.

IF you use Firefox on all your devices and create a Firefox account, sign into Firefox on all your devices, all your passwords will be synced across all your devices. Change the password on one device and all will be synced automagically. 2¢

Hmm Have to look into that, I do have a FF account as well as Opera, Edge, and Chrome. Are you saying that FF will encrypt the PW across all of the other browsers?
I believe i heard something about Chrome doing a similar thing but not sure?

Just got the data breach deal today, like you they offered a limited time IBX deal. We've declined and decided to freeze our credit, already have more than we need.

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/credit-education/preventing-fraud/security-freeze/

Did all three for each of us for free. FWIW, didn't see anything on experian, checked our credit card account, all kosher, so far.

Firefox only works with Firefox, the nice thing is, and I'm sure there's something similar for the other browsers, is you can go into the "hamburger" menu and select passwords, there you'll find all your saved logins and passwords. Is it secure? I guess, been using it for years, no problems noticed to date.

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi