Ok here is the scenerio.

My father has a 69 coronet 2 door currently with a 4bbl 318. The rear is a 7-1/4 (I believe, need to double check).

I have a 4 door 69 coronet sunday cruiser with a 318 2bbl, but mine has the 8-3/4 rear.

My father is planning an upgrade to a 440 auto combo, so the 7-1/4 definately will need to be swapped out.

Originally I wanted to do a simple rear end swap with our two cars, but the 7-1/4 makes me a little leery of doing so.

Now, here is my question. We do have a 8-3/4 rear out of a chrysler station wagon that we could use in his coronet, but it will need to be slightly narrowed to stock width.

What kind of a shop will do this? When I call around, general answers are rebuilds, services, etc. But no narrowing really. Where do I need to look for this service? When I call the speed shops, all I get is stuff for "NOSS", big bling rims, low profile tires, and fart pipes for imports.

I wouldn't mind cutting the axles and housing down, but where to go? Or should I just do the swap between the two cars and see what happens?

suggestions, comments, etc?

Thanks in advance

eight

Last edited by eightlitermopar; 05/13/09 11:40 AM.

Mopar or no car