I just received a valve body from somebody in another forum, story was the guy got it a while ago and always intended to put it in but sold the truck before he had the chance to do so and was just "cleaning shop" and posted it as available to see if there was any interest in it before he tossed it.
It's supposed to be from an 01 46RE all the casting date stamps on it say 99/00. It's supposed to have new governor solenoids and a shift kit in it.
When I do any 904/727 based trans (includes the OD versions too---haven't been inside one in a few years) I like a mild shift kit, like a tfod-jr.
I'm not sure I'm gonna use this new acquisition yet but if I pulled it apart how would I tell what shift kit if any is in this vb I just received?
I can tell this recently fresh trans I just put in my Durango ( built by who knows who but it's Definitely a fresh stock build) doesn't haven't anything of a kit installed, I can tell a difference between how this one shifts vs how the old one shifted the last 60+k miles before it went bad.
I will probably pull the vb out of the recently departed trans, dismantle it, clean it up, and install new electronics and swap that one in, since I know that ones history.