Ok, this is minutia legal question. I fully understand the shared opinions here will cover the full spectrum, and that is OK by me.

I have an original Florida tag in very good condition from 1962. Florida has a procedure to legally use the tag if it's the same year as the car if it weighs under 5,000lbs.
You must send it to the Capital DMV for authentication, to verify condition and approval with fees, proof of insurance, etc.
There are other portions of Fla statues that seem to consider an Authenticated tag as a "personalized" tag, not sure how they make that leap or if I am interpreting that wording correctly.

The tag in question in essence reads "XXX- 666".

So does this previously issued tag warrant a valid "objection" by anybody if used on another's car?

It is not clear, if it can be confiscated prior to registration because of an objection, do I still own the tag outright after submission but prior to authentication, do I have any due process here or who becomes the true owner of the tag once registered.

FS 320.0805 (4) The department is authorized to reject requests deemed by it to be objectionable, and the department is further authorized to recall, during a registration period, any issued personalized license plate determined by it to be obscene or otherwise objectionable.

FS320.0805 (8)(a)1. "Personalized prestige license plates shall consist of three types of plates as follows:
1.A plate imprinted with numerals only. Such plates shall consist of numerals from 1 to 999, inclusive."

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.