Everything was replaced less than 20K miles ago. Calipers are steel piston, not phenolic, rotors were also replaced, and are still in great shape. Pads were only about 1/2 worn, but while the front was torn apart I had the new pads and put them on.

All this was about 8 years ago, the truck doesn't get driven much, and over the last 3 years has had less than 5K miles due to an electrical/computer issue. So if parts need to be replaced I am not entirely surprised. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't jumping the gun and trying to fix a problem that really wasn't a problem. As maybe the pads possibly dragging because they are a bit thicker than an OEM set, or maybe the little bit of surface rust that was on the rotors caused the issue.

But It seems like I should just go ahead and get a new set of calipers, and bearings (quality ones are cheap insurance), and hoses, and just have them put on. Thanks for the advice guys. I kinda knew where this was heading, but when you can't work on your own stuff, repairs get significantly more costly.

Join the Penguin Liberation Front!!
Stop the Hippo Occupation!