Originally Posted by 6bblgt
Originally Posted by LimelightCuda
Both of my E bodies have the rear sway bar. One is a 1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe that originally had a 318-2BBL and the other one is a 1970 A66 Challenger convertible. I know the history of the Challenger since it was bought new and it is untouched since 1984, The sway bar looks very original. According to the fender tag it appears the A66 Challengers got the rear sway bar. Part of the package was "Rallye suspension." The sway bar looks very original on the Barracuda too but unfortunately I just decoded the fender tag and it doesn't say anything about it coming from the factory with a rear sway bar. I think the rear sway bar really helps these car drive and handle a lot better. I like my cars to be mostly original but no way I am taking off the rear sway bar.

I bet they were both built after A53 production - what are their SPDs?

S13 was an orderable OPTION on a 318 car & was required with F70-14 tires on a 318 car

The Barracuda was an early car scheduled to be built October 15th, 1969 and the Challenger was a late car that was scheduled to be built on June 1st, 1970. Neither car has the S13 code on the fender tag. I decoded both cars on ebodies.org. They have a webpage where you put in what the fender tag or broadcast sheet says and it decodes everything for you. You can find that here:

https://www.e-bodies.org/mopar-fender-tag-decoder-build-sheet-vin/

Forgive my ignorance but what is A53 production?

Phil

1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe
1970 A66 Challenger Convertible