Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
My thoughts on the dual plane versus the single plane intake is EFI ECU fuel management based off of one O2 sensor reading from one side of the exhaust system making the injectors pulse the same on both side of the throttle body when the high part of the intake needs a different amount of fuel than the lower part does at the same throttle position work shruggy
That shouldn't be a problem with a single plane intake twocents

If that were so you'd think the carbed versions would be stagger jetted.

What I think is that the carb fuel delivery setup is directly tied to airflow thru the carb and, to an extent, it self adjusts side to side that way, at least enough to not be as serious an issue. Whereas EFI sniffs the consolidated output and cannot compensate for distribution issues, seen that on the dyno. 8 O2 sensors show serious AFR differences cylinder to cylinder, TBI or PFI.

That's why those claiming "it works" need to tell what intake they are running and if you're using a spacer. that mitigates the issue. The Weiand Stealth has been mooted as a working intake, internally the divider has a notch which mitigated it too.

I'm trying to understand this. Single plane has the most even air and fuel distribution, right? Dual plane can do ok with a carb because less air brings in less fuel with it is what I'm hearing. This would make me believe the TBI would work fine with a dual plane, too. Now with PFI, if a cylinder gets less air than another, since the injectors are near the intake valves, and they all fire with the same duty cycle, they would all get the same amount of fuel, causing uneven air/fuel ratios. What am I missing?