I put one in a friends 8.8 Ford rear , I don't remember if we used synt. oil or dino juice but when we went to do an oil change after about 15k miles mostly daily driver miles with some drag racing behind a stick trans, the oil was filled with metal particles. He had 2 rears so we swapped the stock one back in and when I went to take it apart to see what the issue was I couldn't get one of the C clips out , had to do some grinding and after getting out the clip I had to beat the axle out of the diff. When I finally got it out I disassembled the unit and best I could tell was the unit was put together backwards, we used it right out of the box , and the thrust of the helical gears was being applied against the the wrong side of the diff housing and was grinding it self up. He called Eaton and they said sorry, but you can buy another ... it was over a year since buying it. I still have the unit, I'll dig it out and get some pictures ...

We replaced it with a grizzly locker and put a set of road race locker springs in it so it wasn't as harsh on the street if it was damp out , daily driver.

I would either use a clutch type or a grizzly/Detroit locker before any trutrack.

running up my post count some more .