Originally Posted by BANDIT
Thanks for the heads up on what to look for, Dave. I would probly agree with you on the 6.4 for most towing, but I've got a 48 ft gooseneck that usually has 2 cars in it, and I like the stability of the Dually and the Diesel then. I'll keep working on getting the 6.4 from the dealer, I've never towed with one yet. Thanks again, Jim.

If it is a warranty core your AOL and will not get it, if it was customer pay job then bribe the parts guy for a few hundred dollars.

My 2015 I just bought has a good 5.7 and a bad trans, I will be pulling out and selling the 5.7 and putting in a 6.4, this one will have a complete SRT long block with a 5.7 cam and BGE intake, it should make about the same TQ but pull a little more RPM, might even step up to a BGE cam and in that case it would basically be a high compression BGE minus EGR.

My current 2011 the previous owner added a thicker spring pack than a one ton single wheel truck plus air bags I have never aired up and it is rock solid out on the highway. I also added 20" wheels to reduce sidewall flexing. 4 hemis, a drill press a tire machine and a bunch of other crap in the bed and a 4 door 4x4 half ton ram on the 16 foot bumper pull open trailer and it was steady as can be @75 MPH, I have never pulled a trailer as big as your but I have certainly put some weight to it that would have made the old 99 cummins truck a little scary.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!