Originally Posted by wingman
Originally Posted by cudaboy340
Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Carlisle is so much better.

Yet I myself have no interest at all of going to Carlisle.

Why not? Have you ever tried it? I'm just curious. No hard feelings either way up

Ed B

Almost twice as far to drive (for me), and no drag strip are the main reasons.

I'm no racer myself, but I enjoy watching and listening to them run down the track a lot more than sitting still....

If I was closer I'd be there for sure, but that's a long way to drive for all show but no go. twocents

Exactly, I'm in Missouri like Wingman so it's a loong way to go to see cars lined up by make and model.
I'd rather park by my buddies that have all different Mopars that are modified.
Bone stock cars pretty much look all the same so I can see ones that pretty much look the same around here or at the Mopar Nats or the Holley Moparty which both have racing.

No drag racing is a big reason, I'd rather do or watch drag racing that stare at stock restoration car show cars.

As far as the swap meet, I can usually find whatever parts I need without drive across half the continent.

I'd rather see cars that are customized and actually driven (even late model) rather than spend all their lives these days in a climate controlled garage.

Locally I go to cruises rather than car shows, I quit caring about getting show trophies 15+ years ago.

I've been going to the Mopar Nats every year since 1984, if I didn't go it will be to go to Woodward for Roadkill Nights.

Personally I think that's why they do it the exact same weekend.
The Woodward Dream cruise is always the weekend AFTER the Mopar Nats, Dodge took it upon themselves to make their event the exact same weekend as the Mopar Nats.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol