had a 64 belvedere post car. turquoise poly paint, with a poly engine and pushbutton. absolutely no rust with the exception of a couple blisters starting at the chrome trim below the rear window, due to the foam piece that keeps the trim level at the attaching screws, trapping dirt and moisture. that car ran and drove like a champ, and all the trim was mint !
my plan was to turn it into a maxie replica. i gathered up the complete top end and exhaust manifolds, plus a big block pushbutton transmission, but life and storage issues forced me to let it go.
at that time, newspapers were the place to advertise, so i placed it in the pittsburgh papers. had a couple nibbles, and a couple guys stopped to look.
i was asking $3500.00 for it, it was that nice ! guys said it was too much..........
one guy stopped and looked, but said he was going to look at one that was a grand cheaper, and i should consider taking that for my car.
a few days later, he called back and asked if i still had the car. seems the car that was $1000.00 cheaper had no engine, had the typical cowl rust, a shot interior, and the trim was dinged up pretty bad.
he bought my car instead.
i wished i still had that car............... frown
beer