Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by HardcoreB
I remember seeing this video years ago and not believing the #s. There is another video of his "peter willie" Cuda on Youtube and i saw a few 156 and then a 157+ MPH passes. This was supposed to be a 'lesser' HP version of this motor, and in context, I think it's believable. At least in the ways I correlate HP to track performance. I'd WAG this Cuda has to be at least 3200lbs with driver?
Peter's Cuda has a chassis that is legal for Super Stock, it just needs a Shaker hood, instead of the 6 Pack scoop. It's probably closer to 3400lbs, with driver.

Thank you! Respectfully Streetwise, what would you estimate the 'older/lesser HP' to be considering the MPH and weight?

Another thing to consider, is Peter races at Mission Raceway in the Pacific Northwest. I believe that track is near sea level.

Yessir...this was one thing i factored into my consideration way back when I saw the videos. Has the car run any better? Those don't look like 'perfect' runs to me bouncing and spinning. I also saw an 8.58 ET so that would hint that there is more to be had. Manuals typically MPH better than autos ad their ET doesn't reflect it typically. Wallace calls the old motor about 925 OR SO. As stated, we don't know the air on those days and who's saying the combo is sorted out completely IN THE CAR. I'm saying that it's probable his numbers are 'close-enough' for me to believe.