I've used all the parts in the kit from AP when i converted a 73 El Camino to a manual transmission (TKO600) The adjustable bracket for the clutch master was a nice feature to line up the rod from the master with the adjustable heim joint rod from the pedal. I now got 15.000 street miles on this kit without a single problem. I've been running a Mcleod RST twin disc clutch with the hydraulic release bearing from from AP.

I would also like to mention the kit from Silver Sport Transmission that I have very good experience with after using it in my 3 Mopar vehicles, also with great results both in terms installation and the lifespan of the product in a street car. I guess you probably know that SST is using a different style of hydraulic release bearing produced by FTE and this release bearing got a spring that is pushing the face of the release bearing against the clutch diaphragm. SST got a fixed machined aluminum firewall bracket that is placed between the supplied Wilwood master cylinder and the firewall to mate the angle of the two rods. The angle of the whole set up have bee perfect in my B and E body vehicles. (see picture below)

The article below describes the AP set up pretty well:

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/american-powertrains-hydraulic-throwout-bearing-conversion-kit/

14-3.jpg
Last edited by cudaerik; 03/27/23 03:55 AM.

1970 Plymouth Cuda, 512cid on 230 400 block, 5 speed manual.(TKO 600)
1970 Dodge Charger 500, 446cid, 5speed manual.(TKO 600)
1969 Plymouth Roadrunner, 383cid, 5speed manual (Tremec TKX)