We have two working dogs, an 80 pound Catahoula Leopard Dog and a 60 pound Border Collie, they are tough, rough and tumble dogs with more energy, speed and stamina then should be legal. We are old and therein is the start of the problem, but we also need them for their working abilities here on the farm.
So the wife takes them out Sunday morning about 7:30 in 19° weather so they can do some work and then they get to hike the mountain property for awhile. I was still asleep, didn't get up until 20 after 9. I stumble to the kitchen for coffee and I see the big dog scratch at the back door. Not unusual she comes back a little before the rest of pack. I let her in, don't see anyone else, ok. About twenty minutes later I see the BC out back on the patio, don't see the wife, well that is unusual. I go out, still in underwear mind you, and walk around the corner of the garage to find my wife with two sticks standing there looking like she just got run over by truck after running a marathon. She can hardly walk. So I grab her, help her the rest of the way to the house, she feels frozen, I sit her down in a chair, get a blanket and ask what happened. She tells me she was out back, the dogs were running and playing and Bob, the BC ran into her left leg head on at full speed. "Dropped me like a rock, I screamed oh f***k then laid on the ground for about thirty minutes before I could get up. This is the same woman that already has had a broken back and a spinal fusion from a pitbull attack mind you, she managed to get on her right leg, grab her walking pole and another stick close by and hobble for 45 minutes the eighth mile back to the house. She spends the rest of the day in bed and says she'll go the doctor tomorrow if she isn't better.
Monday morning and her left knee is swollen to twice the size of her right knee, and she can't put any weight on that leg. I told her we are going to skip the doctor and go straight to the emergency room.
So turns out she has a fracture in the calf bone at the top where the knee joint is. The bone is not out of place though so that is some good news. She will have to be off that leg for eight weeks. We go see the orthopedic surgeon Thursday.
Damn I feel bad for her. My work load has now tripled, she does a lot around here with the chickens, dogs, house and property so I will have to attend to all that plus take care of her too. I don't mind though, I love her.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.