As I have mentioned in another post, I had originally installed a solid lifter cam in my new motor (still on the stand, never run) and have since changed my mind and decided to go with a milder hydraulic cam which is now installed. I had originally measured for and bought new 3/8" push rods for the solid cam that were 8.425" in length. I'm not sure as I don't have the rocker arms installed yet but I suspect they may be too long for the hydraulic cam so I likely will need to remeasure again for new pushrods. However, I need my memory refreshed on the measuring process. I have a set of adjustable pushrods to use for measuring. This is what I was planning to do. Set the roller of the rocker arm so it is resting on the valve stem. Have the rocker arm adjuster set so that approx. 1 1/2 threads are sticking out of the arm. Have the intake and exhaust lifters setting on the base circle of the cam. Insert adjustable pushrod and adjust it so it is snug in the rocker arm cup to where you can still turn it with your fingers. Take out the adjustable pushrod and measure it then add .030 to allow for hydraulic preload. Does this sound right?