Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by RustyMopar01
Originally Posted by 3hundred
I found my notes from when I did mine. I picked up an '05 computer and confirmed it had NO anti-theft system w/ Joe @ 918/456-2541, I have NO recollection of who Joe was/is or who he worked for. The computer I picked up had "in system vehicle locate tracking", again, I've forgotten what significance that was or even was significant.

The computer had to be flashed for my truck, axle ratio, tire size, etc.

Street and Performance deleted the downstream O2 sensors when they did mine, that caused me some grief later on.

What type of grief are talking about with regards to deleting the Downstream O2 Sensors from the programming?

Seems like it was something to do with Texas emission testing, can't imagine what else it could have been. There were times I got by with the dyno test for OBD1 vehicles, and other times they checked for codes due to the newer engine. If I remember, there were codes set for no downstream sensors. By the time the truck turned 25 years old and exempt from emission control testing, the gas tank started deteriorating to the point I couldn't put 10 gallons in without immediately leaking, so I drove it VERY little until I lost all interest and sold it.

It took me a few days to reply. Ah, emissions testing that would make sense. I've heard different tricks for the downstream O2 sensors and they use to sell O2 Simulators back years ago but, they don't anymore. The gas tank might have a been a simple but, costly solution.