OK

i've been searching all the forums here about e-body headliner installs and everything that shows up is related to 70 & 71. not much on 72-74.

i know cudas and challengers are different so my question is directed to challengers.

my car is a 72 challenger with the 4 bow headliner. i got one of these repo headliners and tried to install it myself with disastrous results. and here is what happened.

first i installed the insulation. then i laid the headliner out on a piece on cardboard and inserted the bows. trimmed back the ends so the dog leg tabs were sticking out of the sleeves. put each bow into the holes in the roof of car and let them hang down. then i centered the headliner and proceeded to move the bows up against the roof. this is where the problem starts.

in the posts that i've read, it shows the early model e-bodys with these clips that hold the headliner bows up. plus the bows don't have the dog leg tab. well guess what, there is no place for these clips to go on my car so nothing holds the bows up. they just flop back and forth (yes, they are the correct bows). when i start to stretch the headliner over the teeth that hold the front and back of the headliner, the bows just flop forward or backward.

am i missing something i don't get it.

i basically followed the directions that i found posted here, and nice pics by restorations by rick may i add, but nothing is going right. after i stretch it out it liiks like the stuff you pickup after taking you're dog for a walk.

any tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Greg