Originally Posted by FJ6AAR
I did something different. I bought a dead reproduction group 27 battery off a member here. I specifically wanted a dead one so the cost was low. When I display my engine compartment I swap it in for looks. When going home, I swap it out for a good battery. It serves the purpose for me. Is that a pain and a lot of effort? Maybe for some people. Is that a stupid idea? Maybe for some people. It works for me and gives me the best of both worlds. I bought a beautiful, like new looking dead battery off a member for $50.00 plus shipping

This is exactly the conclusion I arrived at. My car had a repop agm in it when I got it. The guy said he float charged it and basically never drove the car. After about two months of about every other weekend uses, that battery [censored] the bed. So I simply got a group 34 odyssey and never looked back. Takes maybe two minutes to swap at a show. New battery is best I’ve ever had. Holds charge for two years it claims without a recharge or float, and was still fastest cranking I’ve ever had on first try after winter. It’s faster in a stock starter 440 than my old 383 with new mini and an optima

I want my fair share