Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Originally Posted by Dragula

Yeah, its Steve's fault.....

Cleetus pushed the small block to the breaking point....What did he think they would do to a BB? What' is so beautiful is how well they did with it..They conquered everything with it. As they learned how to tune it an run fast, they were able to turn it up time and time again....To the point, I think they made about 1000hp more than Steve had planned on...I think this combo is supposed to be around 2000hp and live well...And went to #57 on the boost and pushed it to 3000hp level with a CAST block....

Once he brought Pete Harrell in to tune the car is when it really picked up, he knew how to make the power safely and how to put it down. If you watch Pete's YouTube channel(Real Good at Doin Stuff) he dives into some of the changes he made. Since Pete does his own engines he kind of took a little shot at Steve when he commented that Garrett gave him a 50lb ceiling on the boost originally and he didn't know what that was all about lol.

I know alot of the guys here probably can't stomach the Cleetus McFarland stuff but when he goes racing it can be pretty interesting.

The last thing any engine builder wants is to see is his engine blown up in front of all the Youtube viewership! Cleeter and Texas Speed went through that over the last few years when they were pushing the LS platform well beyond what was reasonable and people started bagging on Texas Speed. Cleet makes sure and tell everyone now that it's not a build or a parts issue, it's just a part of racing when you push stuff hard and have a failure. I'd imagine Steve puts very safe "limits" on his stuff with customers to avoid negative publicity about his product! Steve has said recently that he still can't believe how good that engine looked inside when he got it back! LOL!

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.