All great info. Thanks for the perspective on the Corrosion Free versus the Krown and and other products.

I got my 2001 Dakota used from a friend who had bought it new. So it survived ten Wisconsin winters before I took ownership. It had the usual snow belt rust, rockers, bed fender openings, door bottoms. I did my driveway rust repairs the down and dirty way, spray foam, fiberglass, pickup bed liner and paint where exposed. It did ok, looked solid/decent from a distance, but eventually the ravages of rust move on. One thing that did make a difference; I flushed out the areas around the front fenders, around the door hinges areas, other similar areas, let it dry and then sprayed WD40 liberally into those areas. Been doing that since spring of 2011 and it has slowed the further progression of rust.

Once I get my vintage 56 cab/box on my Dakota chassis, I can apply the products above in like manner, and should be able to hold off most of the snow-belt/salt-belt attack. If i were buying a new pickup I would certainly do likewise on a yearly basis and I bet it would survive MUCH better than just being exposed as is from the factory.

My 56 C3-B8 Dakota build