Originally Posted by moparx
a side note concerning the upper control bushing[s], in particular MOOG brand kit #K408. [4pcs for both arms]
in the last couple of weeks, i have purchased 3 of these kits, and EACH one was 0.015 OVERSIZE than the stock bushings, and these kits were not the "problem solver" line.
the bushing needed for the arms is 1.170 outside diameter, and the ones in these kits were 1.185 outside diameter.
just ONE MORE quality issue MOOG seems to not care about, and another one i can add to the list of bad MOOG parts going back 15-20 years i have personally experienced. mad down
i finally found a kit of the same number that was "old stock", and surprise ! it measured the correct 1.170 outside diameter !
the only reason i went back down this rabbit hole, was the guy insisted on MOOG bushings, although i tried my best to persuade him to another brand.
bringing this to others attention so you can avoid the frustration...................
rant over.........
beer

moog = junk for a long time now , they get their parts from an Asian source that supplies more than just moog .

running up my post count some more .