[quote=FurryStump]Draw an line from contact patch through the instant center. No caltracs the instant center is the front spring eye. Now draw a line parallel to the ground through the center of gravity of the car. Where the first line intersects the second line determines the % of rise. Farther to the rear, it hits the tire harder and tries to separate more. Farther forward it’s softer on the tire and lifts the nose more. Lowering the front spring eye, moves the intersection forward. Changing to a taller tire, moves the intersection back. Caltracs, are almost like a open ended, tune-able small ladder bar. Moves the instant center forward. I think your line for instant center would go from contact patch through the front bar eye. It could actually be farther forward of that. [/quo

so if i'm understanding you correctly , the cal-trac bar now determins the instant center not so much the front spring mounting point. That will move the ic significantly foward, which would explain the cal-trac claim of reducing /controlling seperation..
Thanks for the input , I'm attempting to gather info so as to understand what it is that I am doing with the suspension rather than just install parts and hope for the best .