Probably not relevant for theses Gen 3 type Hemi motors but I'm setting up the valve springs on my B1 motor (572 C.I.) that I'm hoping to make close to or above 1000 HP on the motor and feed it another 150 to 400 HP of NOS.
I have a 1400 lbs valve spring tester and the springs I'm using on these heads have between 340 up to 370 lbs. on the seat sand 770 to 800 lbs. open pressure at .700 lift. These springs would work up to .950 lift so they are not the best ones to use on this motor but they are the only set that I have on the shelf that will work, normally I would strive for .065 to .090 to coil bind at max lift at room temps (60F) with aluminum heads and take whatever pressures that gave me (usually within 20 to 40 lbs. max variances) this motor is for me so I'm going to use that as an excuse to learn if this is bad or good. work realcrazy luck
These heads have Jesel pair shaft 1.7 ratio rocker arms on them so I'm hoping that I'm okay with these pressures: luck:
These springs are used so I'm not exactly sure which brand and part number they were, they are 1.640 diameter dual springs with no dampeners, I'm planning on using pushrod oiling and spray bar covers both to help oil them enough to help keep them cool at WOT in the 1/8 mile luck
If you don't test you don't learn realcrazy, huh whistling

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/04/22 03:33 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)