Originally Posted by 83hurstguy
Traction control is technically illegal per the rules, but the advantage of using an ECU to pre-program a timing curve is a huge advantage to getting the cars to leave on these tires.

You pretty much have to shave bias plies to true them up at a minimum. The repro tires do hook a lot better as they get down to the tread bars or less... you can run them bald.

The Duster hauls... impressive car.

Traction control is not illegal, that being said I don’t know anyone that currently runs it. Programmable boxes for timing ramps? Yes. Data logging? Absolutely! Active wheel slip feed back to pull timing? I don’t think so currently. I know it was tried in the past, but wasn’t as useful as you would think. At least back then. The real dream CRUSHER is the Duster doesn’t even data log. Let alone have a programmable box. At MIR he would walk by 3-4 of us bragging about our low 1.6’s and complain “damn another 1.51 60’! Why won’t it 60’?!” or “mph was only 128!” What can you expect, I think he gets a hair cut before each race. Weight is weight! 🤣🤣

best of 11.24 at 119 mph 1.60 60’. 68 340 S Barracuda Fastback F.A.S.T [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2mnnnnt.jpg[/IMG]