I only race a few times a year anymore, but when I do I either match race with an NSS group or index race with a NSS group. From what I have seen the issue with index racing is the performance of people's cars fall outside the index, and it is easier and cheaper to just dial it in. I got turned off many years ago by delay boxes, throttle stops, and buy backs. Index racing makes it mostly about the driver, which I like. Even in NSS what few rules we have to keep the group unique is in constant question by people wanting to change the rules to fit what they want for their car and not what the group started with. I see the popularity of no-prep driven by several TV shows and by younger racers, and the tracks love it because it reduces the costs of running the track. My concern with no prep is super high HP cars on a slick track, it is not a question of if you will wreck your car it is a question of when. While wrecks are great for TV ratings and spectators, it is very hard on pocketbooks and bodies of the racers. At most of the nostalgia races I see lots of gray hair, and while tracks still have nostalgia races, many do not draw the big crowds they once did. I have raced at events in NSS and with street outlaw personalities, at the same race, and in our NSS pits were usually 30 to 40 old guys talking about the good old days, and a mob of several hundred around the street outlaw pits wanting T-shirts and autographs. Tracks have to do what they can to make money, after all they are selling entertainment.