A follow up,
Per those I've talked to at TSC and others, as well as the store shelves , Apparently I'm not alone. They are blaming it on the unsually dry dry summer ?
The best recommendations I have found so far is Valipril (not available locally) or Tomcat bait which has good reviews and the same amount of juice. Don't know but every one I've talked to says Valipril. Do wear gloves when touching the bait as they purportedly will detect your scent and avoid it and as previously mentioned follow the directions closely. On tip i found useful was to use a toothpick to lift the worms out of the tray or at least get one end started.

What has worked extremely well if you have the time, push the mounds down and then monitor the area every ½ hour or as soon as possible after doing so. This is to locate the little b-stard(s) when dealing with a larger area and multiple tunnels. We have actually caught a few using this method, digging away actually watching the ground move 😉 AWESOME!!! I made a ¾ or 1" PVC boring tool tapering the end to to a cone. This opens the tunnel capturing the dirt while doing so. I open the tunnel behind where they are digging, And promptly insert a gasser stick then cover the hole. Works really well but is a bit time consuming due to the monitoring part.
The Revenge brand gassers or those you insert the fuse into seem to put out a lot more smoke and gas than the pre fused ones.
I will have to try the gas trick as wee have a few to get yet frown Definitely a bumper crop this year frown