Originally Posted by DUFFMAN
Originally Posted by TJP
not to be a problem on the OP's post but IMO,
ALI certification should be a requirement for any lift sold. Here's a link to a video that explains things a little bit more beer

VIDEO LINKY ON ALI CERTIFICATION

I read the ALI site thoroughly. The problem I have is they only have one level of certification, which I assume is based on commercial, not consumer, use. The reason this is important it it means a consumer is likely over buying because the lift won't go through anywhere near as many cycles as it would in a commercial setting. It's a shame they don't have a consumer level of testing since people only using them for a hobby have no way of knowing the quality of a lift without paying a high price for a lift certified for commercial use.

Valid point, but when someone's life could be at stake I' say spend the $$. a 1000 or 1500.00 isn't worth it to me>
I don't know what the certification costs but for some reason I don't think it's cheap but it's worth a premium to me.
My first two lifts, when it was still a hobby for me, came from a company named Auto Lifters out of Wichita KS. Both lifts were made here and certified. Great company They could not compete with the overseas garbage so the owner said rather than lower his standards/cost he shut the business down. pity

Last edited by TJP; 09/29/22 09:47 PM.