Originally Posted by 19swinger70
Most of the workers at the Moparty are actually Holley employees & retirees - something I think is cool. They were all very gracious, and kept thanking us for bringing our cars out to race and show off. Very cool to be treated that way by the event staff.
They gave me some healthy ribbing about having Fitech efi on my Cuda - but we were all laughing about it. The True street Class only had about 11 cars, and out of that 11, there were only 3 "old" cars - My Cuda, a really nice brown Dart, and a cool 80's/90's Red Dakota. The rest of the cars were newer Challengers and a 300C. I had fun racing everyone - and it was pretty laid back. My Cuda won the 12.0 mini bracket within the True street class, with an average ET of 12.1. My best ET during the weekend was 11.99. I just got this car together in May of 2022, so I am just having fun getting it sorted out, and re-educating myself on how to drag race, since it has been a long time for me. Here are a couple of random pics I took while the True street class was lined up in the staging lanes for one of our passes.
That’s me talking to the driver of the white Charger in your first pic. He’s won money the two previous years in TS, I won some the first year.

Dennis