Originally Posted by MarkZ
Originally Posted by MadMatt
I have a problem that’s really stumping me. A few weeks ago my throttle started hanging up and not fully returning to idle. I have checked everything and it seems to be working smoothly. When it hangs up I can lift up on the the gas pedal with my toe and it returns to idle. The throttle cable is an OEM type purchased from Ehrenberg and is only a couple of years old. I’ve disconnected it from the pedal and carb and it moves freely. The carb linkage seems to operate freely. I’ve replaced the throttle return spring with a hefty double spring that has increased the pedal effort noticeably, but it still hands up. The throttle cable pivots freely on the carb arm so it’s not hanging up there. I even lubed the gas pedal pivot. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the throttle cable. Oh, and it’s a BG Road Demon carb. Any suggestions would REALLY be appreciated.

Are you using studs or bolts on the carb? Use studs if not already and retorque evenly on all four corners crisscrossing as if you were bolting a wheel on. Had the throttle blades stick open just past idle on a Holley once and this solved it. My guess is the unequal torque was warping the carb body slightly.

I'll check that everything is evenly torqued. Thanks!

Last edited by MadMatt; 09/15/22 09:23 PM.

Some see the glass as half empty, some see the glass as half full. I just drink straight out of the bottle.