Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Before you do any more work or start buying parts for this engine you really need to figure out what you want it to do for you when your dome working on the motor work twocents
If you don't know what you want to accomplish, you may never know when to stop: work twocents:
BTW, what does low compression have to do with using a Whip Lash grind cam? confused
One other thing to keep in mind, if this motor is a later external balanced motor you need to run the correct external weighted torque converter and matching year external balanced balancer, AKA vibration dampener scope

Basically a fun budget backyard rebuild (if possible). Freshen up and run it. The whiplash cams are designed to work with low compression engines without having to get new pistons. If I have to get new pistons and completely redo it, I'd just buy a stroker kit....but that a whole other can of worms. runaway

From the hughes website: "Our Whiplash cam is designed for basically stock, low compression engines. This cam will run on pump gas in a 440 with 8.25:1 or less compression and iron heads...These cams are designed to drive better than the sound would imply. These are killer cruising cams made for low compression engines and are designed so the cylinder pressure will not be reduced (Torque Killer!) like other cams of this size or type."

From my research, you get the all the benefits by just a camshaft/component swap.

eightlitermopar

Mopar or no car