Originally Posted by A39Coronet
Originally Posted by A12
Dave wasn't there a similar story with a '69 Daytona that the dealership (Virginia?) couldn't sell then didn't want to sell and stored it either on the second floor of the dealership or somewhere like that. Seem to remember it was there for decades?

Mike

I vaguely remember this story from maybe a Mopar Action mag or alike...it stuck in my memory as they recalled burying the speedo on more than one occasion and it was never titled as having been sold.

I was going to mention that car. About 15 years ago they decided to sell it and asked 500k. It had about 7500 miles on it and never titled. Had the same mechanic caring for it for many years as they used it for parades etc. I remember the ads for it after the article came out. Never heard what happened with it after that.

I bought a 79 D300 with a 360 four barrel from a dealer in 1999. It had 22,000 miles on it. It was a pretty cool truck the dealer principal ordered in new. I was always bummed it wasn’t a 78 as I love the 77-78 and I’m sure he’d have checked off the 440. I bet it was never titled until me.

I want my fair share