Originally Posted by ThermoQuad
The stewart number is on the post...................................
No temp freaks here, just engineering geek types using modern tech devices, wide band A/F meters, IR temp gun, digital readout tach/timing light by snap no, Fluke DVM etc no need for thermocouples...lol No six pak tune up has been too tough to tame yet. Many have been tamed.

What does the guide say? Read it again.

OP you are over- jetted - Center carb jets at 62 or lower.
180 is the wrong thermostat temperature. 195! Pay attention! Stop wasting everyone's time with the 180 operating temp- it will not run properly at that min operating temp- it's in the guide!!!. 195 thermostat - at this pt just buy one from Napa, or look on line for a oem nos 195 temp
the temp change alone to 195 will affect how it runs.............
Float levels
initial timing 16-18 btdc
coolant mix
Firecore spark plug wires
plug gap 0.040
please read the guide
drive

I know about the t-stat it’s on my list of to do things. I’ll probably just get a Murray from Oreilys.

I’m going by the document. Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. It WILL NOT stay running at 1/8, 1/4 or even 1/2 turn out on outboards regardless as to what the guide says it DOES NOT work here and I seriously doubt going up 15 degrees in temp will change that but we’ll see. It wants at least 1 turn out to keep running. Now if it had a 160 and I was going to 195 that would be significant.

What about the Autolite 66s in combo with 195 t-stat is that likely to lead to running too lean? Is the 66 ok to use?

1970 EK2 T/A 727