One word of caution from personal experience. We deal with the same thing here in Michigan with lots of Canadian imports. We picked up a Canadian 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland for my wife, loaded with everything including the leather dash that was badly deformed. We bought it knowing it was a common issue.

Got a letter from FCA 6 months later that they were doing a "Customer Satisfaction Program" on the leather dash: had to take it to the dealer where they had to take a bunch of specific pictures and send them to FCA where they'd decide whether to replace it or not. Two months later we get a letter saying they'd replace it, but special order parts from the vendor, etc. Four months later the parts come in, dealer calls us and says they might need it a couple of days since it's the first one they've done. Get a call after day 1 saying it's installed but there's a problem, can I come in. Show up and the Service Manager walks me into the Owner's office. When they sent in the warranty claim it automatically rejected as a Canadian-market VIN. They can do safety recalls with no problem, but because this was customer satisfaction, they weren't supposed to and FCA wants them to bill me for the entire job.

I'm working up a good head of steam when the owner says FCA approved the repair and shipped them the parts so he's going to fight them but wants me to know what's happening. He called be about a month later and said FCA was eating the parts and he'd pay the tech's labor.

If you're looking at something with factory warranty in force, have a chat with your dealer Service Manager to make sure what the rules are right now. If you're close to the border, you may need to/be able to take it to a Canadian dealer for warranty issues.