Well, I just kept at it and finally found the issue. My very experienced counter guy at the hvac supply house had never hear of this and neither had Another friend that has does ac work for years. This was a dual capacitor 70/10 that checked perfect. The next house next door built at the same time in 2017 with the exact same unit, had all the exact original components and the fan ran the correct way and blows the air up. We cleaned the coils and the motor was labeled with CCW rotation but stil ran clockwise. That is when I noticed that the wires on the capacitor was wrong. The common wire from the compressor was swapped with the herm term on the capacitor. I’m surprised it has run this long. No wonder the compressor was getting hot and shutting down. Sure enough, we googled “Lennox fan running backward” and came up with a guy in the exact same situation. Old Dave must have made several mistakes at the factory! Lol. Now it’s got clean coils and might survive the 110 degree days for the next few weeks. Man this heat is really making my attitude bad.

Last edited by fastmark; 07/20/22 01:21 AM.