Originally Posted by 1mean340
Ok guys, a few of you talked me into it and I took some material out of the mount perches and got the engine sitting perfectly level.

I ran into another issue though that maybe you all could help out with while you're here lol.

I'm running an RMS K member, and while checking the motor for squareness in the car, using a straight aluminum 2" strip piece across the balancer and measuring from a straight edge from either side of the K member cross bar, I am 1/4" further out on one side.

This would have led me to believe the motor was cocked, but when I go to the back and put a straight edge on the output shaft yoke and line it up with the torsion bar crossmember, it's dead on, not even a MM off, which seems to indicate the trans is at least square in the tunnel.

At this point I'm not sure what to do. Obviously the most important thing is that the trans is in line with the diff, everything else is really irrelevant. Any have any good ideas on how to check that?

I would find a level floor, level the car on jack stands, start dropping a plum bob off some points on the chassis, and snapping some chalk lines. You will find out pretty quick what is out where and why....

67 Barracuda street/bracket car 11.27-119
68 Dart 502 BB 8.70s-152
414 cid SB Dragster 7.65-174