Originally Posted by Runnoft
Gear drives are hands down the way to go for racing. I don't know anyone that races a procharged combo with a belt drive that doesn't get tired of constantly dealing with belts. The other advantages are - easier to change drive ratios, less drag than turning a large belt, puts the weight low and forward (at least for radial racing), and the blower inlet is front facing usually without any obstructions so good, clean and cool air. Two disadvantages - initial cost and packaging. You'll need to get creative with radiator location.

iagree A guy I know runs (I think) a cogged F2 side mount, he will just go home if he throws the belt at the track. Due to the tight constraints in the engine bay it takes him 4 -5 hours to replace a belt. He's running in a street class which means treads, if the engine revs up when the tyres spin and he lifts, it throws the belt. It happens a lot unfortunately. I'd run a gear drive and work out how fit stuff around it if I was going to use a Procharger.

'74 Challenger..9.46 @ 145.9 1/4, 6.001 @ 118 1/8 so far. 4023lb !!! # N/A, Marsh performance 655ci, Indy Maxx, T/R, Indy 600-13 X's, Street legal, pump gas, full interior, Cal-Tracs, mufflers, 3:73's and real 10.5 radials.
9.51 @ 142.4 1/4, 6.003 @ 114 1/8 with our old mule KB, 572-13, 580 wedge.
RHD '68 Barracuda Fastback 323ci street/strip. Best ET 13.88 @ 99.03