No doubt lighter is better period! Cheaper to loose weight than build power. There is no "magic bullet" but having a goal and a plan and STICKING to it will usually yield the desired result. Also having the "want to" is a large part of it, as long as the goals are REALISTIC!

Having said all that been a LONG time since I have NOT had an 8 second car. My 64 has been in the 8's at 3600. I would imagine it makes less power than many here think. It is still a work in progress as well. I just cut the old age out and put a new moly one in it, still have some ignition issue to find and that will likely lead to a complete rewire if the car. My current goal is to run an 8 here in Vegas. We have been 9.teens so far here and one hero run a tad quicker. I just plan to refine whats already done, converter is a tad tight, shocks are just ok and until I can get the chassis to work with all the power in at the hit Ill likely not make my goal. But I know its achievable and realistic. We are also hoping with a few minor changes to the dragsters engine to be in the 6's with a BB Mopar NA...My truck I am building for .90 stuff so ultimately the ET goal does not matter as setting a car up for max MPH on the stop is not the way to go the quickest ET's but hopefully it can go 5.0's in the 1/8 in great air.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"