I have torn apart a ton of them and bearings and stuff usually look like new, the first one I did had 300,000 miles on the original motor and the motor looked great upon complete dissasembly. The stuff usually gets caught in the filter and settles into the bottom of the pan as it is steel and heavy. Another time I bought a 2009 3/4 ton in Tuscon with a bad cam/lifter and drove it over 1000 miles home and again bearings looked new.

I would throw in a new cam and only use the new mopar lifters, make sure when you buy the lifters from the dodge dealer or online or whatever that the last 2 digits of the part number are "AD" they have larger needle bearings that do not get stuck on as small of a particle as a smaller needle does. The lifter is the problem not the cam, the flat cam is a result not a cause. Try rolling the "good" lifters from the other 15 lobes on a flat piece of glass and you will hear some of them clicking already before they ate those lobes.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!