So I have recently acquired a 77 Travco that I knew the engine block has been allowed to freeze and crack. So I am looking for a replacement and want to stay 440. So on the passenger side of the block mine has the casting 440-3 at the end of the casting number which I was pretty sure meant that it is motor home engine. I know there are some differences between that engine and a regular 440, casting thickness in places and cooling passages different. So this weekend I went and looked at two other 440 engines that are for sure out of motor homes that a guy had but they had on the passenger side 440-4 & 440-5 on them so I am a little confused. They were for sure motor home engines with the plate mounted at the back of the engine with the electronic ignition module mounted to it and the cruise control servo mount right beside it at the rear of the engine. So is that casting on the side not what I'm looking for as it being a 440-3 motor home engine? I want to get the right engine for the Travco, only want to be in this once. Didn't get either one of these engines because they were junk as far as I was concerned. Been laying out in the weather and were pretty well seized, I could get one of them to turn very slightly. Priced right but rough. So any help on the identifying this would be great.
Thanks
Larry

77 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd SWB
78 Dodge Adventurer SE 440 2wd Utiline
90 Dodge D150 SWB 2wd 318fi 4speed
60 Desoto Adventurer 2dr
67 Dodge Dart Gt Conv. 273 4bbl
04 PT Cruiser GT Turbo
14 Ram R/T
"Life's to short to drink cheap beer."