Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Our house is going to be 17 this Sept. & they installed Goodman gas furnaces & A/C units in all the homes. My HVAC guy said Goodman private labels for other popular brands, and under their own name. They are a major manufacturer of the units. Our furnace is a high-efficiency & I have had 3 problems with it: at about a year old, the igniter rod broke, so my installer replaced it & never another problem. Then at about 10 years, the impeller bearings went out. I replaced the unit - EASY fix & under $100.00 for the part. Most recently (this winter), the collector box began leaking water. Once again, the part was under $100.00 & very easy to replace.

As far as the A/C unit, the capacitor went out last summer. Part was $30.00 & about 20 minutes to install - back in business.

I researched Goodman and am upgrading the HVAC at our house with one of their systems. I like that they are US manufactured and have been in the business for a long time. They were taken over by a foreign company (Daikin - Japanese) awhile back that did a lot of the wall mount split systems and industrial systems, so the new management was capitalizing on what Goodman could also bring to the table for them to cover the market for different AC configurations.

As far as reliability, I guess I will get to find out first-hand. Major components are warranted for 10 years and the heat-exchanger has a lifetime warranty.