As the OE restoration of my 71 340 Cuda convertible progresses nicely, it was time to finish up on the engine rebuild via 8 pulls on my builders dyno here in NJ this past week. They have 50 years of experience in the business at the highest level.

After a thoroughly discussed and careful selection of components, and expert machine work for the matching number block, only polishing the original crank (NOT A STROKER), and utilizing the original heads as well of course, the results, after some carb jetting and timing adjustments, were VERY satisfactory!

Eagle rods, Manley stainless valves (2.02 / 1.60), a special Comp cam grind (hydraulic roller), and Comp Cams adjustable rockers were the primary changes from OEM. Pistons are original Chrysler .020 over factory cast pistons that I have had for over 30 years. I sent the intake manifold to Extrude Hone in CA for mild internal cleanup and enhancement of .025 per surface, which is the minimum. Not cheap, but a nice finish. Compression ratio is 9.57 for pump premium fuel. BP is the most consistent currently. Driven oil.

Max. HP: 407.2 at 5900 Max. TORQUE: 399.8 AT 4400 Both carbs were within 2 HP. The car will have a 3.91 axle, and I will add a slight more loose torque converter from Turbo Action.

This was not a cheap deal, but like most things in life, you get what you pay for!

Bill Rolik

Photo Archives 33 013.JPGPhoto Archives 33 010.JPGPhoto Archives 33 011.JPGPhoto Archives 33 012.JPG